Kevin Bruno is the son of an architect, so he grew up surrounded by architecture his whole life, and unsurprisingly, decided that he would follow this interest as an adult.
Kevin attended the New York Institute of Technology. He chose the college because it seemed to him to have the best mix of both the artistic side of architecture and the technical side, and he wanted to get the best of both worlds. After finishing his degree, Kevin relocated from Long Island to Las Vegas to work and focus on his areas of interest.
Kevin is a BIM Leader and focuses on the technological realm of the architecture field. In addition to his day job, he teaches Revit courses and is working on his own projects, which are discussed further in today’s interview.
In addition to his professional activities, Kevin stays busy with personal activities as well, including participating in Spartan races. Listen in to hear what Kevin has to say about establishing goals, maintaining a routine, and keeping up with an intense schedule.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode
- What inspired Kevin to pursue a career in architecture
- Why Kevin chose to go to the New York Institute of Technology
- Kevin’s experience at NYIT
- Why technology is so important to Kevin
- Kevin’s transition from Long Island to Las Vegas
- Kevin’s role in his team
- Whether Kevin knew that he’d wind up working on the technology realm of architecture
- What projects Kevin’s office is working on
- How Kevin feels about living in Vegas
- Kevin’s participation in Spartan races
- What Kevin’s morning routine looks like
- What Kevin has been working on apart from his day job
- How to overcome problems
- How to establish goals
- Kevin’s advice for aspiring architects
- What Kevin knows now that he didn’t know then
- The book that changed everything for Kevin
- The resource that Kevin can’t live without
- Kevin’s best timesaving trick
- How listeners can find Kevin
Top 3 Takeaways from This Episode
- Technology is an important part of the architecture field.
- Establishing a routine and maintaining your physical health is important.
- Make sure that your goals reflect the way that you want to live.
Kevin Bruno’s Advice for Aspiring Architects
“First one is really, keep your eyes open. Never stop educating and never stop learning.”
“The thing that I know today that I didn’t know back then is what is my fulfillment.” –Kevin Bruno on what he knows today that he didn’t know back then
“The book that changed everything for me was actually a book called The Wealthy Barber.” –Kevin Bruno on the book that changed everything
“In one word, Alexa.” –Kevin Bruno on the resource he can’t live without
“My best timesaving trick is making a list.” –Kevin Bruno on his best timesaving trick