Career Strategist | Ashlee Klevens Hayes
In this week, we’re shaking things up a bit with Career Strategist and host of the brand new Rx Buzz Podcast with the Pharmacy Podcast Network, Ashlee Klevens Hayes aka the Founder of Rx Ashlee. A busy mom and 3rd generation pharmacist, her experience working at a hospital in a variety of roles eventually led her down a new path to launching her very own career coaching business.
Helping clients of all different backgrounds including architects, she specializes in helping people boost their careers in business coaching, interview preparing, salary negotiation, and taking their job to the next level.
As you listen, Ashlee shares her top advice on the power of working on yourself to market your skills and abilities to employers, 3 tips and tricks to help you prepare for your next interview, why monitoring your finances is a great time-saving trick, and what exactly imposter syndrome is and how to overcome it.
What You’ll Hear on This Episode
- Her experience working at a hospital in a variety of roles from pharmacy and patient care to healthcare administration and management after finishing pharmacy school.
- Why she switched gears and began to work for several start up companies who wanted to develop software products for pharmacies and what that experience was like.
- How she launched her own start up to do business coaching, career coaching, interview preparation, and speaking engagements.
- Her experience helping people take their careers to the next level both in and outside of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Why you should stay away from comparing yourself to people in other professions and why the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.
- The power of working on yourself as an individual to grow and market your own skills and brand to companies, clients, and your network.
- Why she loves owning her own business despite the pros, cons, and daily hustle.
- What has inspired her to create all of this awesome content to help people boost their careers from blogging to her new podcast, Rx Buzz Podcast by Pharmacy Podcast Network.
- How she helps people prepare for their next job interviews by helping them feel comfortable and confident about talking about themselves and what they can bring to the table.
- The right questions to ask during a job interview that aren’t about vacation or salary.
- Why your main aims during a job interview should be to learn about the company, what they’re doing, and network with them.
- What steps you can take to negotiate your salary with your employer after first landing the job.
- Why you should ask, “What’s the budget for this role?” and not, “How much is the salary?”.
- How you can consistently prove your value to your employer.
- Ashlee and Michael’s own struggles with imposter syndrome and how they overcame it.
- Steps you can take to improve a business relationship if a client isn’t treating you with respect.
- How to maximize your time and make the most out of your busy day.
- Steps to take to juggle studying for the AREs, working, and being a parent.
Ashlee Klevens Hayes’ Advice for Aspiring Architects
“Just like with pharmacy, a lot of people on the outside of the industry don’t actually know what it is that architects do. All of the creativity, design, and thoughtful process that goes on in the industry isn’t clear to clients. They’re hiring you to do your job because you’re good at what you do. So, when you’re working with a client and if they become sort of nasty or don’t quite understand what you’re doing, simply communicate and articulate your role and what you’re trying to accomplish for them. If you can handle that and really level up your why and purpose, there’s going to be a lot less friction between you and your client. If you do that, then your odds of success will be much higher.”
Resources Mentioned in the Show
- Sign up for The Young Architect Conference
- Connect with Ashlee Klevens Hayes via:
- Listen to Ashlee’s brand new podcast, Rx Buzz Podcast with the Pharmacy Podcast Network
- Check out Ashlee’s book recommendations:
- Tune into the Young Architect episode with Michael Knouse – The Value of Coaching