CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS!
We would like to invite you to submit a workshop proposal for the next amazing series in our online, digital conferences – The Young Architect Winter Series 2022.
Why be a presenter at the Young Architect Winter Series?
- Be seen as an authority, making important new connections and increasing your reach
- Increase your confidence as a speaker and mentor, honing skills that will last a lifetime
- Help our highly-engaged community learn an important or overlooked skill
- Give back to the community with this volunteer opportunity
- Receive expert guidance from a master speaking coach to deliver the best workshop possible with our sponsored Speaker Development Program.
What is a YAC Workshop?
Workshops at Young Architect events are educational training sessions that can be focused on professional and/or personal development. They are expected to be 60 minutes in length (although we can accommodate longer if requested) and highly interactive. The purpose of a workshop is to educate, inspire, and motivate others within the community.
What makes a winning YAC Workshop Proposal?
As we always say, “for the community, by the community,” which is why instead of focusing on “Star-Architects” we spotlight emerging voices. This means you don’t have to have extensive speaking experience to apply or be selected. Regardless of your experience level, if selected you will be supported through our sponsored Speaker Development Program. This includes step-by-step guidance and targeted training sessions to help you craft a presentation that inspires engagement and transformation.
In addition to having fun expressing your idea in your proposal, please ensure you have read through all of the requirements prior to submission. Incomplete proposals or those unable to commit to the stated requirements, will not be accepted. Additionally, we are not accepting proposals for panels or keynotes. This process is separate. Please only submit for your workshop proposal.
Young Architect's slogan, “For the Community, by the Community”, is deeply ingrained within these conferences. As a passive community member for several years, I was honored to be a workshop presenter during the 2021 Young Architect Winter Series. The opportunity to present at this event was invigorating and the experience exceeded my expectations. Being able to share my knowledge was uplifting and reminded me how thankful I am to be a part of a community of like-minded individuals. – Michael Celauro
What are the requirements?
In order for you to shine as the presenter of your workshop and for us to be successful hosting this YAC Event, before you submit your proposal, please ensure that you can commit to the following.
If selected you agree to the following:
- Produce professional looking headshot & short bio
- Attend two Speaker Development Training Sessions (these trainings take place during traditional business hours are are approx 1 hour long)
- Provide workshop description, title, and 3 main take-aways
- Attend final “tech check” meeting (takes place during traditional business hours, approx 30 minutes long)
- Submit supporting materials such as PDF’s, Worksheets (if applicable)
- Create a workshop that is approximately 60 minutes long with a level of interactivity for the attendees
- Comply with all of the deadlines that will be outlined if accepted
So are you ready to… get up on the virtual stage and share your knowledge with this amazing community?
If you said YES – let’s get ready to submit your brilliant proposal to the YAC review team!
>>Submission open Thursday, August 12th
>>Submission close DEADLINE Thursday, August 26th
Step One: Review the Submission Form & Determine Your Proposed Topic
*Prior to filling out the submission form, we recommend you review the form briefly. The form includes a list of proposed topics from our community. You’ll be invited to choose one of those topics to focus your workshop proposal on, or submit your own.
You can review the Workshop Proposal Form here.
Step Two: Create Your Pitch Video
Now that you’ve chosen a proposed topic, you can create a workshop Pitch Video.
A part of your speaker proposal submission will include a short Pitch Video that is 90 seconds or less. We want to experience your speaking and your passion for your proposed topic first hand.
After you view these materials, you can create your Pitch Video.
*In the event that you are looking to have a co-presenter, please ensure they are included in the pitch video as well. We do prefer workshop with a single presenter.
Step Three: Complete the Submission Form with Your Pitch Video Attached
Now that you’ve chosen your topic and created your Pitch Video, you can revisit the Workshop Proposal Form, answer the prompts and attach your video. Congratulations, you’re done!
What Happens Next….
Submissions Close end of the day, August 26th, 2021. We’ll review your submission and respond to all speaker proposals no later than September 8th, 2021.
Thank you! The YAC Team looks forward to seeing your amazing proposals!